Delegates will have the opportunity to hear from over 40 world-class agri-experts including:
• Hon. Willy Bett, Cabinet Secretary, Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries, Kenya
• Nhlanhla Nene, Resident Advisor, Thebe Investment Corporation. South Africa (former Minister of Finance, South Africa)
• H.E. Erastus Mwencha, Former Secretary-General of the Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa and former Deputy Chairperson of the African Union Commission. Kenya
• Dr. Nigel Chanakira, Chairman and Group Executive, Riskflow Group, Kingdom Financial Holdings Ltd, Success Motivation Institute. Zimbabwe
• Tim Harris, Chief Executive Officer, WESGRO, South Africa
The African agri-sector is fast becoming the panacea of the investment world
“As the world looks to Africa as a solution to global food security concerns, the continents’ agri-sector is fast becoming the panacea of the investment world especially with the recent decline in commodity investment returns. The agriculture sector is yielding exceptionally exciting opportunities and pipelines.
Food security is now being translated into an investable option for investors and financiers. Agriculture has been identified as a long-term opportunity to increase investors’ allocation to real assets and the agribusiness value chain need to be ready to take advantage of the disruption,” says Ben Leyka, executive director, African Agri Council.
The African Agri Investment Indaba (AAII) 2017, taking place from the 20 – 22 November 2017 at the CTICC in Cape Town, is a key meeting place for investment in Africa’s agri and agro-processing sectors attracting over 600 international investors, bankers, governments, farmers, project owners. This unique mix of decision makers from across the African agricultural value chain provides a convenient platform for effective deal making.
For more information visit AAII.